January 9,2017 @ 10:00 a.m. (MST) THROUGH January 20, 2017 @ 3 p.m. (MST)
The Housing Authority of Maricopa County (HAMC) will be accepting interest applications for the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program Waitlist Lottery*. Interest applications will be accepted online only from 10:00 AM January 9, 2017 through January 20, 2017 at 3:00 PM. The online application will be located at https://maricopahousing.org/apply/. Paper applications will not be accepted; however, if you require special assistance with the application process or you do not have internet access, you may contact our help desk at 602-744-4555 Monday-Saturday from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM and a customer service specialist will assist you.
*Lottery selection: HAMC will randomly select 4,776 interest applications from all those received. Selected applicants will then be placed onto the HAMC HCV Waitlist. Applicants not selected will have to reapply for assistance at another time. For more information about HAMC’s housing programs and application for assistance visit our website at http://maricopahousing.org.
Who can apply: All families and individuals may apply
How to apply: Interest applications will be accepted from 10:00 AM January 9, 2017 through 3:00 PM January 20, 2017. If you have all of the required information pulled together before you sit down to apply, the online application will take approximately 3 minutes per household member to complete.
1. Complete the interest application online at https://maricopahousing.org/apply/
If you require special assistance or do not have internet access, complete the interest application by telephone by calling 602-744-4555 Monday-Saturday from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
2. The deadline to complete the application is Friday, January 20, 2017 by 3:00 pm MST
|Income Limits for Eligibility, Total Household Income must not exceed the following:|
|FAMILY SIZE||50% Area Median Income|
|1 Person||$22, 050|
- Social Security numbers for all family members, if applicable
- Birth dates for all family members
- Total gross annual income (all sources to include child support, cash assistance, family contributions, odd jobs, and wages) – include income of all family members
Computer/Internet Access: Applications can be completed on any computer, tablet, or smartphone with Internet access. Public computers are not available at HAMC Offices.
Free computer access is available at the following locations throughout the Valley (check with Agency for their location and hours):
- The AZ Technology Access Program
300 W. Clarendon Ave, Ste 475, PHX 85013602-728-9534
Toll Free – 800-477-9921Offers option to loan out the assistive technology for up to two weeks.
- Mesa Public Libraries
64 E. First ST., 85201
2055 S. Power Rd Ste 1031, 85209
424 W. Broadway Rd, 85210
2425 S. Dobson Rd, 85202
635 N Power Rd, 85205Maricopa County Libraries
775 N. Greenfield Rd, Gilbert 85234
9241 S. Avenida del Yaqui, Guadalupe 85283
40410 N. Gavilan Peak Pkwy, Anthem 85086
16089 N. Bullard Ave, Surprise 85374
16828 N. 99th Ave, Sun City 85351
- Save the Family
125 E. University Dr., Mesa 85201
480-898-0228MesaCAN (A New Leaf)
635 E. Broadway Rd, Mesa 85204
- Ability 360
5025 E. Washington St, Ste 200, Phoenix AZ 85034
602-256-22456829 N. 57th Ave, Glendale 85301
602-424-4100Computer lab with assistive technology.
- Mesa DES Office
120 W. 1st Ave, Mesa 85210Marc Community Resources
924 N Country Club Dr, Bldg 1, Mesa 85201
- Arizona Fair Housing Center
1402 S. Central Ave, Ste B
Phoenix 85004Care1st Avondale Resource Center
328 W. Western Ave, Avondale 85323
- AZ @ Works
735 N. Gilbert Road, Ste 134, Gilbert 85234
602-372-97001840 N. 95th Ave, Ste 160, PHX 85037
602-372-4200 Assistive technology that can be acquired at both locations.
Work Force Connection Locations
AZ@Work Maricopa County and City of Phoenix Access Point Locations (PDF)
- Burton Barr Phoenix Public Library
1221 N. Central Ave, PHX 85004
602-262-4636Four dedicated assistive computer workstations are located on the second floor. Customers may use the assistive computer stations on a first come, first served basis by presenting their library card at the Second Floor computer assistance desk during all open hours.
Transportation: Valley Metro is committed to providing safe, convenient transportation options for all Valley residents. If you need transportation trip planning assistance, please contact Valley Metro at 602-253-500, TTY 602-251-2039, or http://www.valleymetro.org/.
Dial-a-Ride offers different types of services depending on the city or town in which you live. To find out what type of service exists in your city, call 602-716-2100 for assistance.
Reasonable Accommodation: HAMC is committed to making its programs and services accessible. Upon request, HAMC provides auxiliary aids and services as well as reasonable accommodations that allow people with disabilities an equal opportunity to participate in and benefit from HAMC housing programs.
For accommodations for persons with disabilities in braille, large print, additional time, or translation for persons speaking another language, please contact Barbara Grambs at 602-744-4533 or email Barbara at firstname.lastname@example.org; call the Front Desk at 602-744-4500; or TDD 602-744-4540.
Instructions for Persons with Disabilities and Persons with Limited English
If you require special assistance such as:
- Need an application in Braille or large print
- Communicate, read, or write in a language other than English
Contact Barbara Grambs at 602-744-4533 or email Barbara at email@example.com
You will be asked to complete:
- Form “Request for Reasonable Accommodation Request.” This can be completed at any time before or after January 9, 2017 @ 10:00 a.m. (MST) and before January 20, 2017 @ 3 p.m. (MST). You can return it by fax (602-744-4540), email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or in person at the HAMC Administrative Office during business hours (Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM at 8910 N. 78th Avenue, Peoria, AZ 85051).
- Once request is approved, you will be given the assistance requested. If it is a request for a Braille or large print application due to a disability, you will be given 10 days to complete the application.
If you require special assistance such as:
- Disabled or elderly and cannot complete the online application
Contact the Waitlist Help Desk at 602-744-4555
Waitlist Frequently Asked Questions can be accessed at https://maricopahousing.org/apply/