What is the Housing Choice Voucher Program?
HAMC’s Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program, previously referred to as Section 8, allows low-income families to rent quality housing within the private market. Federal funds are provided by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to subsidize eligible families’ rent. Through the HCV Program, HAMC pays a portion of eligible families’ rent each month directly to the landlord. Families can use their vouchers to rent a house or an apartment within the private market throughout HAMC’s jurisdiction. You can search available units within HAMC jurisdiction using GoSection8.com or use the HAMC Boundary Map to interactively research if an address is in our jurisdiction.
HAMC recognizes there are times customers require specialized in-person meetings. Appointments are required for all in-person sessions with Housing Specialists at the Peoria Administrative offices. This will allow the HAMC to prepare in advance for the customer’s visit and decrease wait times. To schedule an appointment with your assigned Housing Specialist, please contact 602-744-4500.
Forms and Documents For Participants
- HCV Administrative Plan 2022 | ( PDF | [ Coming soon in Text/HTML format ])
- About Portability — PORT-IN billing starting 10/1/2022
- Port-Out Request
- Notice of Intent to Vacate – Mutual Rescission
- Change Report Form
If you need to submit a change report, please use your participant portal at https://portal.maricopahousing.org/
- Reasonable Accommodation Request Form
- Lists of Required Documents for Applicants & Residents
- HIPPA Release
- AZ Residential Landlord and Tenant Act
- HUD Inspection Waiver
- Rental Assistance Income Self-Certification Form
- 2021-2022 Income Limits Effective 08/01/2021
- 2022-2023 Income Limits- Effective 04/18/2022
- 2022 Fair Market Rent & Payment Standards Effective 04/01/2022
- 2021-2022 Fair Market Rent & Payment Standards Effective 12/01/2021
- 2021-2022 Fair Market Rent & Payment Standards Effective 10/01/2021
- Utility Allowance Schedule Maricopa Co AZ Effective: 08/01/2021