The Housing Authority of Maricopa County (HAMC) owns and manages 500 units in 15 communities throughout Maricopa County. These properties are generally located in the smaller cities and unincorporated areas of the County. Most of the larger cities in the Metropolitan Phoenix area have their own Housing Agencies that serve the populations of each city. For a map showing the location of properties managed by HAMC click here. Because of the size of the Phoenix Metropolitan area, HAMC has divided its operation into four separate areas, each with its own waiting list and area office Our Property Management department is program funded by The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for low-income residents. Annual gross income must be within limits as established by HUD, and eligible families pay a monthly rent equal to the greater of 30% of their monthly adjusted income or 10% of unadjusted monthly income. Applicants may qualify as a family and/or as an eligible single person.
- Customer Portals Portals for Applicants and Property Residents
- The Heritage at Surprise – Interest List
- The Village at Eastline – Interest List
Maintaining Your Status on the Waitlist
- If you are added to the waitlist you will be notified by mail when your name comes to the top of the list or if we are updating our files.
- If you do not respond to our notifications, requests for information, or if your letter is returned from the U.S. Postal Service, your name will be removed from the waitlist.
- If you have a change of address, you must notify the HAMC, in writing or via our Contact Form, of the change.
Call 602-733-6693 to Check Waitlist Status
The Check Waitlist Status phone number is only for confirmation of being on the wait list. It has nothing to do with approval for housing. Only active status is reported if a record is found base on the entered personal information. Please read the “Maintaining Your Status on the Waitlist” information on this same page.
The Interactive Voice Response System will prompt caller for
- ID Number (last 4 of SSN) or Alternate ID Click Here To Determine Alternate ID
- Date of Birth (MMDDYYYY)