What is the Housing Choice Voucher Program?
HAMC’s Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program, previously referred to as Section 8, allows low-income families to rent quality housing within the private market. Federal funds are provided by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to subsidize eligible families’ rent. Through the HCV Program, HAMC pays a portion of eligible families’ rent each month directly to the landlord. Families can use their vouchers to rent a house or an apartment within the private market throughout HAMC’s jurisdiction. You can search available units within HAMC jurisdiction here.
HAMC recognizes there are times customers require specialized in-person meetings. Appointments are required for all in-person sessions with Housing Specialists at the Peoria Administrative offices. This will allow the HAMC to prepare in advance for the customer’s visit and decrease wait times. To schedule an appointment with your assigned Housing Specialist, please contact 602-744-4500.
Forms and Documents For Participants
- HCV Admin Plan 2019 | (screen reader compatible page)
- HCV Admin Plan Summary of 2019 Changes | (screen reader compatible page)
- About Portability
- Port-Out Request
- Notice of Intent to Vacate – Mutual Rescission
- Change Report Form
- Reasonable Accommodation Request Form
- HIPPA Release
- FMR and payment standards 2018_2019
- AZ Residential Landlord and Tenant Act