Housing Authority of Maricopa County
The Housing Authority Advisory Committee is a committee of affordable housing advocates
appointed by the Board of Commissioners or the Maricopa County Manager to assist
and advise the Commissioners and the Authority’s Executive Director in planning,
implementing, and reporting on housing activities related to Public Housing and
the Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) program.
The Housing Authority Advisory Committee is responsible for a broad range of actions
- Evaluation of housing conditions and the means and methods of improving such conditions;
- Input and recommendations relating to the problem of clearing, planning, and reconstructing
blighted areas; planning and future affordable housing projects;
- Education and outreach regarding affordable housing issues and needs, and promotion
of housing programs and partnerships with nonprofit and for profit organizations
and existing County and municipal programs;
- Development of housing policy and programming;
- Monitoring, review, and/or guidance on Housing Authority operations such as finance,
Agency plans, and performance reports.
The Advisory Committee is also the body officially charged to act as the
medium for citizen advice and comment. Of the 10-member Committee, two are residents in HAMC communities, one from the Public Housing program and the other a Section 8 Voucher recipient in good standing as required by federal law. All members
are appointed for a one year term which may be renewed as needed.
Regular Housing Authority Advisory Committee meetings are held on the third Tuesday
of each month. Meetings begin at 9:30 a.m. and are held at 8910 W. 78th Avenue, Suite D, Peoria, AZ 85345
Meetings will not be held in July or December.
The linked documents from this page are PDFs (Portable Document Files) and the require
the free Acobat Reader version 6.0 or higher to view. If you do not already have
Acrobat, click on the follwing 'get Arcobat' button: